Icon 5, a haematology analyser that measures NRL
The Icon-5 is a 5-part differential haematology analyser that uses laser-based flow cytometry with forward-scattered light detection and volumetric impedance measuring method. It provides a 27-parameter complete blood cell count report that includes RBC and PLT histograms, as well as a 5-part WBC scattergram.
What makes this device special and innovative is its microfluidics technology that reduces reagent consumption. Furthermore, the Icon-5 has the footprint of about an A4 sheet of paper, this makes it ideal for use in Emergency Departments, ICUs, clinics, blood banks, or perhaps even in mobile care units.
Highlights and best features:
- A 5-part differential haematology analyser that provides a 27-parameter complete blood cell count report.
- Closed sampling mode.
- Possible to measure from capillary samples.
- Compact size – 280 x 216 x 336mm.
- Extremely low reagent consumption.
- Reagent packs available in 100 and 400 tests.
- Smallest sample volume processing.
- Easy to use, straightforward navigation.
- Minimal user maintenance actions needed.
- Remote access – a convenient online diagnostic tool.
- Retrofittable autosampler.
- Long product stability and shelf life.